VideoBuzz recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
What personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- credit card information – where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- click trails – a record of the paths you have taken through the website including but not limited to: the type of browser you are using; the date and time of your visit; your IP address; the address of the website that referred you to ours; and the addresses of pages accessed and any documents downloaded. This information is generally recorded against IP address, and may be possible to correlate by computer.
- your ordering/activity preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from VideoBuzz. This may include your activity history; orders, enquiries and votes you have submitted through our website; or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, direct mail, or other);
- publishable content consisting of comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website; and
- information you provide to us via our website, application forms, or directly to our employees (such as during phone calls) in relation to our services.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, either from our website, over the phone or other means, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website, including submitting enquiries, forms and orders, make a comment or vote on an object;
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during competitions or special events; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Vimeo and YouTube.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
Using personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have ordered from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, and events which might interest you;
- to confirm your identity;
- to answer your questions or queries and provide you with information or advice;
- to keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, measure and monitor website performance, product and service development and research to improve the way VideoBuzz and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you and the type of products and services that are provided;
- to measure and monitor the performance of our website, to estimate interest in our products and services
- to personalise our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at VideoBuzz.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our partners or suppliers via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
You may also receive marketing communications by post from our partners and suppliers who provide certain goods and services for us, but this will only occur where you have requested that type of information from us or from a third party.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors, service providers or related entities, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers and payment processors (including Internet Payment Gateways an merchant facilityes);
- our business advisors, including lawyers, auditors and accountants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose, predominantly to the United States of America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region, including where:
- we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas;
- we, or our related bodies corporate, have offices overseas;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2013C00021.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide services or products to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have registered for from us, or may intend to register for in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application for a position at VideoBuzz.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by VideoBuzz by making a request to us.
1300 820 108
The Privacy Officer
VideoBuzz Pty Ltd
P. O Box 1365.
Camberwell, VIC 3124
You may also access your own information where it is held via on online portal by accessing your own account over the internet.
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail). Please note that we may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request(s).
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 48 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 7 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
The Privacy Officer
VideoBuzz Pty Ltd
P. O Box 1365.
Camberwell, VIC 3124